Thursday, November 27, 2008

Then and now...


As my friends know (and soon you will too), I love taking pictures.  I think my camera and I rarely part, I do wonder sometimes what would my camera say if it was to speak. It would probably ask to retire! I believe I have fully used and abused it ;-) 
It is a simple camera but I love the quality of its pictures, and its been with me for quite a while now, during hot and cold, on land and in air!
I mainly like to photograph nature, (specifically trees in autumn, I might add. Along with clouds -absolutely beautiful Saskatoon Skies-, flowers, scenery.... anything that catches my attention). I like to take plenty of pictures when on trips, to make a beautiful photo album of that trip to remember later on. I also like to compare the same shots in different seasons or after some time, just to track the differences and bring back some memories. 

Today while browsing one of my many albums (thank God for Picasa!), I came across the following picture. This was the view of the main Admin building at the University of Saskatchewan exactly one year ago. It was a chilly -22 degrees (Celcius):



Fortunately, this year I could say that we are lucky (so far!). The following is the same view today: 


It is a wonderful 4 degrees (Celcius) outside, with no snow. 

Is it going to remain like that or are we expecting drastic changes? I guess we all know its inevitable...

I'll try to dig up some of my favorite photos and post them later on, but for the time being, the idea of a much warmer day than last year keeps me warm and happy ;-)

4 comments:

BOOKISH said...

Of course, it would ask to retire. :)
Photography is really my passion. it's really very nice hobby.
Unfortunately, my city don't have much to be photographed...and no freedom to do so.

your camera sounds good, Canon image quality is superior. I really would be glad to see more of your photos. :)

You have really nice blog here,BTW.

Regards

Zina said...

Hi "Bookish",
Thanks for visiting and commenting. It is nice to know that you too enjoy photography. Funny that you mention Canon - my camera is Canon!
I think each photo is unique and has its own beauty and story behind it, so don't feel sad.
You too have nice blogs, and well done on TOEFL ;-)
Regards

BOOKISH said...

Hahahaha
I knew it was Canon "A400". Almost all cameras keep information such as camera setting, the date and time when the photo waw taken..etc along with the photo.

Right click on an image file and clicking 'properties' then 'summary', You would see these data. :)

Zina said...

Interesting, I didn't know that...
Thanks for the tip!