Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes, we CAN!

Well, I was never interested in politics, despite knowing how important it is, and how it affects our lives.

In the East, people don’t vote, till recently (I might add)!

I guess what annoys me most is what I perceive as a hugh waste of time and energy into political analysis, especially after the sanctions and wars in Iraq. I am amazed at the number of political analysts whom showed up out of the blue during that time. It seems to me like they had nothing else to do or worry about, as everyone was generously giving their opinion (whether they really had the proper training and experience to do so or not - and most of them did not).

I truly do not mean to be disrespectful to eligible political analysts though, but to me, and at that time, it was all talk no walk. What’s worse is that it divided people. They became so passionate about attacking each other, he said, she said… hmmm…. Let me back up a bit here, probably we haven’t reached the ‘she said’ stage yet in the East! (Wishful thinking ;-)

I mean if people invested all these years of arguing and fighting into something useful, let’s say science for example, I think we would be running space shuttles by now, from Baghdad! I know we have the brains for it; unfortunately we are being conveniently distracted. Ah well, it is only me, I know many people still prefer politics…..

The West is a total different story; voting is a wonderful and valuable privilege, however, I always wondered how people ended up at times voting for the wrong candidates, but then having to live in the West and being exposed to their media, that really helped me understand where each party stands, and how East and West have many different and wrongful ideas about each other, unfortunately…

Well, so why write now, why today? Hmm, Obama just got elected as the 44th president of USA. Despite my humble and distant relation to politics, I feel that this is a good choice, hopefully to the better, not only to USA, but to the whole world! I mean c’mon, I think the whole world deserves a break!

What I like most about this election is, it is a sweet reminder that nothing is impossible once you put your heart and hard work into it, and this is exactly what I need to be reminded of frequently, to keep me alive and moving forward…

2 comments:

Muhannad said...

You're right, Zuza. Nothing is impossible!

Nice blog:)

Zina said...

Thanks Muhannad,
Yours was my very first comment, and a positive one too ;-)