Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A tribute to mums...


As this year comes to an end, it is nice to sit back and remember the important people in your life. Who they are and where are they now (if you are an Iraqi – your family / friends are probably scattered all over the world). Remember the laughter and sweet memories, the good times and bad times, the arguments and disagreements – which don’t seem to matter much now-.

A friend of mine forwarded me the clip below. It is titled “The Mom Song” and performed by Patti Harshey (of Northland Church Distributed), lyrics by Anita Renfroe and played by Tim Tracey and Susan Eissele. It sums up what a mum would say in 24-hours.

Mamati habibti – I love you and miss you a lot, can’t wait to see you soon – Inshallah.

To all mums out there - thank you!



2 comments:

BOOKISH said...

I am thinking of them. I miss many of my neighbours and friends and the old days. :(


Inshallah you will meet your mother soon. I can read your feeling.

Zina said...

Thanks!